Commercially minded Power-to-X testing engineer
Do you enjoy managing technically complex customer projects? And are you keen to test the latest Power-to-X solutions? Then you might be our new colleague in the Special Testing team!
FORCE Technology and Gas Technology Centre have received a grant from the Green Labs DK programme to establish a test centre for hydrogen technology. The centre will be the first of its kind in Denmark and will help the energy sector with the demanding but necessary transition to hydrogen and Power-to-X. With your expertise in materials science, you will play a role in building a new key business area in which FORCE Technology aims to be the go-to-partner for testing new Power-to-X technology.
A team of highly knowledgeable colleagues
You will join a team of 12 committed colleagues with extensive experience within metallurgy, corrosion, electrochemistry, surface characterisation and analysis which together secure our position as one of Denmark's strongest providers of special tests within e.g., high-temperature, high-stress, and corrosive environments, as well as special and custom-made chemical conditions.
Your new colleagues include specialist engineers like yourself that analyse test results and manage the testing projects, as well as the technicians conducting the tests. We all share an equal responsibility for the successful completion of customer projects, and you can expect to be hands-on in the test lab from time to time.
From concept to commercial scale: Special testing and Power-to-X
As a test engineer you will take part in all phases of projects. Your job involves close dialogue with customers and your focus is to further develop existing customer relationships, finding new business opportunities, and building new customer relationships within Power-to-X, hydrogen production, transport and storage, carbon capture and storage combined with green fuel production, geothermal energy sector etc. You will be proactively involved in our go-to-market and sales strategy in the various business areas.
You must be able to work independently, as we work side-by-side with our customers and partners. Your key tasks will be to:
- Identify customer needs, develop solutions, and plan and carry out customer tasks coordinating with the rest of the team in close collaboration with the customers
- Plan and carry out special testing of materials and components related to customer tasks and development projects
- Build and expand our laboratory facilities to meet demands from customers
- Participate in standardisation and quality work to ensure the business basis with accredited testing and certification
- Participate in research and development projects with a view to developing test solutions and services for SMEs
- Follow-up on customer relationships, leads, opportunities, offers, and projects
- Share knowledge such as webinars, courses, fairs, and workshops as well as and handle sales and marketing activities such as case stories, articles, guides etc.
Your workplace will be in Brøndby with close collaboration to our other sites in Denmark. You will have a reference to the head of department within Characterisation and Special Testing.
Skilled in building strong customer relationships
Your educational background is likely within materials science (e.g. metallurgy, corrosion), manufacturing engineering and/or within specific subject areas related to electrolysis, hydrogen, and electrochemistry. In addition, practical experience with laboratory work is a great advantage, but not a requirement.
As for the more formal expectations, you likely fit the following profile:
- You have some experience with product developing and testing, and some knowledge within project management
- You are very capable in planning tasks and able to successfully communicate with the technical staff
- You are talented at building strong working relationships; you possess a commercial mindset and enjoy finding new business opportunities
- A structured approach to your work is second nature for you and you thrive on taking on challenging tasks under time pressure
- You usually see solutions when looking at problems and you are a true team player both in relation to your close colleagues, customers, and external partners
- We picture you as a team player with a good sense of humor.
Be a part of the bigger picture
We offer a unique workplace with highly skilled experts. As an impartial and independent government-approved research and technology organisation (GTS), we are maintaining and developing a technological infrastructure of unique facilities, technologies, and competencies for the benefit of the whole of society and business. You will be part of a team of more than 1,100 enthusiasts who every day make a difference for business and for society. Everyday life at FORCE Technology is characterised by energy, curiosity, and an informal tone.
Are you interested?
Send your application as soon as possible and no later than 17th of October 2021, as we will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
You can apply for the job at Jobindex. Follow the link in the right-hand box.