Control- and automation engineer with interest in IoT
What if you could work practically with IoT – and help increase digitalisation of Danish production companies?
That is what we offer. As one of the 7 danish GTS-institutes (“Approved Technological Service-institutes”), we’re bridging new research and new technology-development in Denmark. You will have access to state-of-the-art research and technologies, as you build and test solutions all the way from “slide ware” to “street wear”.
Become part of an IoT innovation hub
You will become part of the IoT Technology & Architecture team of 7 people in IDSI (see panel), where we work development and validation of new technologies for products and production, primarily within IoT. See more here.
Our clients include small and large companies in all domains – from foodstuff to electronics. We work with the newest technology within sensors, wireless communication and IoT platforms, from ideation to proof-of-concept.
You will experience many different maturity levels of digitalization – and you will make a real difference for the production-companies we help. That makes this position really interesting.Anders Struwe Mynster / Head of Department, IoT Technology, Architecture & Data
Turn digital solutions into real life applications with our clients
In a development project, you will typically get a system-sketch from a project-manager, which you will help realize into a prototype. For the practical implementation in production, you will see many different setups with many different technologies – and you will have to learn and understand them quickly and demonstrate their functionality. You will be working as an advisor and technical expert throughout the whole implementation process, and your technical approach, supported by colleagues’ knowledge of technology and/or value-creation, will support your role. Furthermore, you will
- be a sparring partner for the project-manager in early design phases
- research solutions and source components
- consult on specific digitalisation opportunities in the production
- have a structured approach to process-optimisation and operational efficiency
- be part of developing new services, eg. development/documentation in terms of SDG, resource-optimisation etc.
- keep updated on new technologies and their application – including sustainable production.
Experience with automation and insights into value creation through digitalisation
We think you have experience from production companies or from automation-solution providers. Also, we would like you to be experienced in dialogues about design of optimal solutions and practical experience in putting them together. Furthermore, we think you:
- have an engineering degree (or comparable) within automation, production or control-systems
- at least 3 year’s experience with PLC-, SCADA-, ERP- & MES-systems
- know critical control-points in production
- know design of architectures for digital production control as well as methods and systems for data-collections and -analysis
- IoT-, Cloud- and Edge-knowledge (or interest).
You will have a lot of freedom to run your own projects. Therefore, it is also important, that you are driven and self-motivated, enjoys external collaboration, and knowledge dissemination to clients with widely varying degrees of IoT and digitalisation experience.
Get on the forefront on new technology development in Denmark
We offer a unique place of work with great diversity in terms of expertise and markets. As one of seven Approved Technology Service-providers in Denmark, we’re a central part of technology knowledge generation and dissemination in Denmark. The more than 1100 motivated colleagues work every day to generate value for industry and society.
Your place of work can be any of our offices in Denmark – ie. Hørsholm, Århus, Vejen or Lindø.
If you think this position sounds like you – send your application today! We process applications and interview applicants continuously.
You can apply for the positions through “Jobindex”. Follow the link in the righthand box.