Electrical engineer for technical project management with IoT
What if you could be part of making Denmark the best place in the world to develop IoT solutions? What if you had in-house access to the newest research and the best experts?
That is what we offer. As one of the 7 danish GTS-institutes (“Approved Technological Service-institutes”), we’re bridging new research and new technology-development in Denmark. In this role, you will get the opportunity to run innovation projects with strategic importance for the IoT development in Denmark.
Become part of an IoT innovation hub
You will become part of the IoT Technology & Architecture team of 7 people in IDSI (see panel), where we work development and validation of new technologies for products and production, primarily within IoT. See more here.
Our clients and collaboration partners are both small and large companies, as well as the innovation system including universities, other GTS institutes and national knowledge clusters. We work with the newest technology within sensors, wireless communication and IoT-platforms – and all the way from ideation over proof-of-concept to finding the right partners for development and delivery of the final product.
You will be in the center of the danish IoT ecosystem and have a massive influence on the projects we undertake. In that way, you have direct influence on the IoT movement in Denmark.Anders Struwe Mynster / Head of Department, IoT Technology, Architecture & Data
Build projects bridging research and applied technology
Your primary responsibility will be management of our demonstration and innovation projects. You will also identify and define new opportunities and new projects – and continuously make sure, that you and we are on the forefront of technology.
You will often be the one identifying the right projects and curating the right partners. This includes identifying the right experts in our wide network of universities and IoT companies are, who would fit a given project. Network- and relationship building both with universities and with private companies and clients is thus an important part of the position.
You will run our projects from start to proof-and-concept, and be responsible for:
- participating in the sales-activities to create project-content and plans
- describe applications and requirements for partners to tender
- facilitate project-meetings for involved partners
- describe both system architectures and project activity plans
- execute activities and ensure tangible results
- coordinate activities amongst a wide group of domain- and technological experts.
Experienced electrical engineer, experienced in creating value through digitalisation
You probably have experience from an R&D department or as a consultant – and preferably experienced in facilitating a dialogue around finding the optimal solutions amongst available resources. Furthermore, we envision you as:
- an electrical engineer or with comparable academic education
- project-management supplementary education
- experienced in IoT, wireless systems and embedded engineering
- enjoys working with new technology
- creative and enjoying changing challenges
- communicating equally well with the development-manager in a small company without IoT experience as the academic professor with 20-years experience
- good communication skills, both in English and Danish
Get on the forefront on new technology development in Denmark
We offer a unique place of work with great diversity in terms of expertise and markets. As one of seven Approved Technology Service-providers in Denmark, we’re a central part of technology knowledge generation and dissemination in Denmark. The more than 1100 motivated colleagues work every day to generate value for industry and society.
Your place of work can be any of our offices in Denmark – ie. Hørsholm, Århus, Vejen or Lindø.
If you think this position sounds like you – send your application today! We process applications and interview applicants continuously.
You can apply for the positions through “Jobindex”. Follow the link in the right hand box.