In addition to that, we offer identification, reports and documentation relating to, for example impurities in products and systems. We can also determine the cause of damages and breakdowns.
Testing and analysis of surfaces, structures, fractures, particles, impurities etc.
We have advanced analysis equipment at our disposal and specialists within almost all material categories. That means, we can characterize your material and give you fast and reliable results.
Knowledge about surfaces and materials is often an important requirement in order to ensure quality, function and reliability to your customer. This is true for both new product design and development, as well as quality assurance and modification of existing products.
Surface characterization plays an important role in connection with damages and breakdowns, for example from wear and tear, breaches or similar. You get a fast, competent and nonbiased analysis.
Our services within surface characterization include:
- High magnification microscopy with element analysis
- Characterization at micro- and nano level
- Analysis of particles, impurities and microstructures
- Analysis and measuring surface structures such as impurities
- Characterization of surface layers and thickness (FIB-SEM)
- Microscopy of wet test material (ESEM)
- Determination of chemical composition for crystalline material (XRD)
- Surface and roughness characterization (optic 3D profilometry and AFM)
- Exact measuring from nm to cm
- Visualization of 3D surfaces such as surface roughness. Lean more about roughness measuring (link til produktblad)
- Quantitative characterization of corrosion and damage – also casts (replica)
Material and surface analyses and characterization
We analyze and characterize all solid materials such as metal, salts, fibres, plastics, paper, building material and paint.
Furthermore, we examine biological materials such as plant fibres, fungus and microorganisms including moist and water-soaked test materials. We can analyze received material as well as material collected on-site.
We can make casts (replicas) of components and production equipment that cannot be analyzed directly, due to it being either inaccessible or not possible to collect samples from. These casts are then examined in our laboratory in order to characterize the structure and surface roughness.
Damages and breakdowns – Identification, report and documentation using surface characterization
We offer expert knowledge in relation to damages and breakdowns. That means you quickly have the damage identified and receive a report stating the reason that the damage has occurred.
This will help you avoid this type of damage occurring in the future. We prepare an impartial report that you can use in relation to your customers and subcontractors.
We offer test and analysis of for example surfaces, structures, fractures, particles, surface impurities and determination of element composition.
We have great experience with general troubleshooting and jobs where “what is that” and “where does it come from” questions are asked.
We have state-of-the-art equipment for surface characterization and analysis. Our equipment covers both 3D, microscopy and X-ray. That allows us to perform highly specialized analysis on many different and complex surfaces.