Smart infrastructure and environment monitoring: DigiMON
Sensors, the Internet of Things, big data, and advanced data analysis will secure new solutions for smart infrastructure facility monitoring, beginning with the Fehmarn Belt Fixed Link.
PurposeThe purpose of the project is to secure new solutions for smart infrastructure facility monitoring, beginning with the Fehmarn Belt Fixed Link.
Investments in the Fehmarn Belt Fixed Link in coming years, the new Storstrøm Bridge, and other, similarly large construction projects have an incredible potential to drive increased digitisation of infrastructure solutions, with positive consequences for society in general.
This potential is linked to the rapid development in sensors, internet of things devices, big data, and advanced data analysis. These create opportunities to develop smarter, more cost-effective solutions.This applies both in terms of being able to predict and plan maintenance for infrastructure installations and, by monitoring emissions, being able to reduce negative effects on people and nature.
Together, FORCE Technology and the Alexandra Institute have unique and complementary skill sets, and have established a strategic, co-operative effort to develop and demonstrate new solutions for smart monitoring of infrastructure installations, beginning with the Fehmarn Belt Fixed Link.
The project will result in 5 demonstration cases that address:
• Corrosion monitoring in reinforcing steel
• Energy harvesting and wireless data transmission in concrete
• Monitoring of working environment exposures
• Monitoring of dust in ambient air
• An IT platform for smart monitoring of critical infrastructure
Target group• The target group for this activity includes
• traffic infrastructure operators
• builders and building owners
• building material suppliers
• suppliers of electronics equipment and systems (sensors, data collection systems, etc.)
• software developers
• service businesses
• public authorities (the Danish Transport Authority, the National Rail Administration, the Danish Road Directorate)
• vocational schools.