Human factors provides an understanding of what people do, how they do it and not least why people act the way they do in their interaction with their surroundings.
Avoid unintended incidents
Based on human factors knowledge and applied psychology, theory and methods, we offer an evidence-based research, consultancy and mediation within the field of consumer-focused innovation. We place great emphasis on observation and field studies, which ensure a high level of realism and our services, are executed according to relevant norms and standards within the field of human factors and applied psychology.
By employing human factors and applied psychology, our customers have previously benefited from:
- organizing service-minded, intuitive and safe environments
- designing user-oriented products, technologies and services
- preventing mistakes, accidents and machine downtime in production
- optimising safety, error correction, knowledge sharing and design
- managing training including specific user and customer needs
Our WHY-approach provides concrete recommendations, alternatives and solutions. Consequently, our customers have been able to avoid potential unintended incidents such as:
- loss of human resources, knowledge, image and values
- recurring mistakes, accidents and unintended incidents
- design and production with no practical function
- inefficient operating practices, processes and procedures
- recurring problems with downtime, production breakdown and correction of errors
We carry out studies based on research and testing of people’s interaction with:
- buildings, outdoor areas, operation- and service-oriented environments
- working procedures, workflows and processes
- consumer products and technology
- production facilities
- control rooms (operator cabin, cockpits, bridges etc.)
We provide consultancy on psychological aspects related to:
- design and production development and human-machine interfaces
- effectiveness and optimization of processes, production and operation of equipment
- safety within the operational environment or local environment
Moreover, we carry out psychological tests of operational personnel (including assessment of risk behaviour).
With basis in the understanding of applied psychology, we utilize laboratory studies, simulators, common communication tools or just paper and pencil, depending on relevance, possibilities and the client’s requirements. The tools could include usability tests, context analyses, task analyses, risk analyses or measurement of mental models.
During the process, we study and include knowledge regarding people’s processing of sensory input, processes of thought, decisions, emotions and behaviour, including limitations and resources.