Transportation of commodities helps bring the world together. Approximately 90% of the global commercial transportation today is waterborne.
Ship owners face two distinct challenges. The first of these is that ships are becoming increasingly large in size, which is demanding with regards to passage through channels and straits and in terms of port calls. The second challenge is that, for competitive reasons, all ships, old or new, have to minimise the total cost per transported unit. The industry is also facing more stringent requirements for reduced CO2 and NOX emissions, in addition to an increased focus on slow steaming.
We can assist with solving a variety of these challenges by conducting for example ship design evaluations. You may want to reduce transportation costs, meet reduced CO2 emission requirements, or you may be looking for an improved trim or better utilisation of propeller force. These are all aspects that we can help improve.
Please find our related services below or contact us if you have any questions or inquiries regarding our services.
- Advanced surface characterisation & analysis
- Analysis & control of technical water
- Analysis of steel
- Audit of management systems
- Calibration of flow meters
- Calibration of measuring equipment
- Cathodic protection design, modelling, inspection, management & consulting
- Certification & audits EN 1090/ISO 3834
- Certification of welders
- Corrosion & material services
- Corrosion and materials examinations
- Destructive testing
- Engineering critical assessment of welded structures (ECA)
- Failure and damage investigation
- FEM analyses
- General design and flow consultancy
- Inspection & maintenance management
- Laser fusing for coating of heavily loaded surfaces
- Laser welding improves productivity and quality
- Load, stress and vibration measurements for structures and machinery
- Materials selection and corrosion protection
- Mechanical testing
- NDT - Non-destructive testing services
- Novel welding procedure development and prototyping
- Organisation and planning of operation and maintenance procedures
- Pressure equipment
- Product testing, examination and certification
- Quality, environment and occupational health & safety
- Services on oil, chemical and gas carriers