Advanced surface characterisation & analysis
In-depth knowledge about the surface of your materials and products. Your customers can then rest assured of the quality and reliability of the products they receive.
Testing and analysis of surfaces, structures, fractures, particles, impurities etc.
Our services within surface characterization include:
- High magnification microscopy with element analysis
- Characterization at micro- and nano level
- Analysis of particles, impurities and microstructures
- Analysis and measuring surface structures such as impurities
- Characterization of surface layers and thickness (FIB-SEM)
- Microscopy of wet test material (ESEM)
- Determination of chemical composition for crystalline material (XRD)
- Surface and roughness characterization (optic 3D profilometry and AFM)
- Exact measuring from nm to cm
- Visualization of 3D surfaces such as surface roughness. Lean more about roughness measuring (link til produktblad)
- Quantitative characterization of corrosion and damage – also casts (replica)
Material and surface analyses and characterization
We analyze and characterize all solid materials such as metal, salts, fibres, plastics, paper, building material and paint.
Furthermore, we examine biological materials such as plant fibres, fungus and microorganisms including moist and water-soaked test materials. We can analyze received material as well as material collected on-site.
We can make casts (replicas) of components and production equipment that cannot be analyzed directly, due to it being either inaccessible or not possible to collect samples from. These casts are then examined in our laboratory in order to characterize the structure and surface roughness.
Damages and breakdowns – Identification, report and documentation using surface characterization
We offer expert knowledge in relation to damages and breakdowns. That means you quickly have the damage identified and receive a report stating the reason that the damage has occurred.
This will help you avoid this type of damage occurring in the future. We prepare an impartial report that you can use in relation to your customers and subcontractors.