Status assessment provides protection against hidden defects
Especially when structures or components have been working for some years, corrosion, wear, fatigue cracks and creep may cause hidden defects that are not visible but can be revealed during a status assessment.
At a professionally performed status assessment you will get an overview of the structure’s condition including the current state of health. If there is minor damage this can be repaired before failure with significant savings in cost and programming.
The status assessment may be required due to safety regulations from authorities, managing of current maintenance, renovation or be necessitated by an unintended incident such as fire.
A status assessment may in connection with expiration of warranty be a good tool of providing protection against hidden defects, which may entail considerable costs. In certain industries it is required by law to inspect the condition during manufacturing or to perform current monitoring during operation.
For decades, FORCE Technology has been involved in the status assessment of a huge variety of structures, from small components to nuclear power plants, offshore structures and ships. With this expertise we are well equipped to assist you.
In connection with production control and status assessments, FORCE Technology possesses a variety of transportable analysis equipment, which means that we can provide a large number of on-site examinations.
The examinations are performed by our experienced and certified staff, which can be mobilised rapidly from our materials laboratories in several locations in Denmark as well as in Norway and Sweden.
Examples of on-site examinations:
- Using current replica examination of steam pipes creep damage was revealed at an early and not-yet-critical stage
- FROSIO-certified (NS 476) production control of surface coatings on wind turbine towers and foundations
- Strain-gauge measurement of stress level on wind turbine towers
- X-Ray Fluorescence analysis (XRF) testing allowed deviations in alloy composition on pharmaceutical equipment of stainless steel to be identified
- Hardness measuring of foundations for mobile phone sending mast for verification of its suitability
- Ultrasound measurement of materials thickness on offshore plant for assessment of residual life
- Visual inspection and documentation of condition of stainless steel columns and concrete structures after a fire
- Third party Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) of stainless steel tanks for food production
- Replica microstructure examinations of cracks during welding of steel structures
- Visual inspection and layer thickness measurement on galvanized balconies, which had unexpected rust stains.
Increase the safety level and lower the costs
A status assessment is based on the results from one or more examination for the purpose of determining the actual operating conditions and assessing the components residual life.
This opens up the opportunity of improving safety, lowering the repair costs and allowing planned shutdowns.
Further to the examinations that constitute a status assessment, we have also experience in handling and control of maintenance functions. This can include the status assessments.
We are at your disposal if you need to know more about how we can assist you with your future status assessment. You are most welcome to contact us.