Certification of welders
Certification of welders and welding operators is usually a requirement on e.g. welding pressure equipment and steel structures. FORCE Certification A/S can certify you and your welders to be able to perform the welding tasks.
Steps in the certification of welders
Welders may be certified either in their own company or at FORCE Technology´s locations in Scandinavia. Certification is performed according to standards for materials and application area. When the welder holds the necessary qualifications, he will be recommended to enter for an examination, which will be completed with a certificate.The certification may be performed in the following steps:
- Assessment of the welder’s professional qualifications
- Welding of welding sample according to WPS (Welding Procedure Specification)
- Testing of welding sample (non-destructive testing (NDT) and possible mechanical testing)
- Issue of certificate.
All examiners are approved by FORCE Certification A/S and have an education within the international welding educations EWF/IIW or similar, which guarantees that the issued accredited certificate lives up to European and International requirements.
Get your welding certificate on paper or digitalisedTesting and issue of a certificate are usually completed within a week. You may receive the certificate either digitalised or printed on paper. When the certificate is issued digitalised, as a customer, you will become registered in FORCE Certification’s on-line database.
From this you will receive information on biannual confirmation and extension of the certificate. Your company performs the biannual confirmation of the welder’s certificate in FORCE Certification’s server.
Furthermore, all welders will get a plastic card, holding a QR code which will allow read-only access to the welder’s certificates.
If the examiner judges that the welder is not capable of passing the welding test, the welder will be referred to conduct further training. FORCE Technology is able to train the welder at the locations at Brøndby, Middelfart, Esbjerg and in Aalborg.
Standards for certification of weldersFORCE Certification A/S is accredited by DANAK for certification of welders for a number of international standards:
- DS/EN ISO 9606-1 Qualification testing of welders – Fusion welding – Part 1: Steels
- DS/EN ISO 9606-2 Qualification testing of welders – Fusion welding – Part 2: Aluminium
- DS/EN ISO 9606-3 Approval testing of welders – Fusion welding – Part 3: Copper
- DS/EN ISO 9606-4 Approval testing of welders – Fusion welding – Part 4: Nickel
- DS/EN ISO 9606-5 Approval testing of welders – Fusion welding – Part 5:Titanium and zirconium
- DS/EN ISO 14732 Welding personnel – Qualification testing of welding operators and weld setters for mechanised and automatic welding of metallic materials.
- BN2 Track standard - Approval of welders and operators for track welding processes (DK).
- ASME IX Welding, brazing, and Fusing Qualifications
- AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code – Steel
- AWS D1.2 Structural Welding Code - Aluminium
- AWS D1.6 Structural Welding Code – Stainless Steel
- DS/EN ISO 13585 Brazing – Qualification test of brazers and brazing operators.