Advanced surface characterisation & analysis
In-depth knowledge about the surface of your materials and products. Your customers can then rest assured of the quality and reliability of the products they receive.
Testing and analysis of surfaces, structures, fractures, particles, impurities etc.
Our services within surface characterisation include:
- High magnification microscopy with element analysis
- Characterisation at micro- and nano-level
- Analysis of particles, impurities and micro-structures
- Analysis and measuring surface structures such as impurities
- Characterisation of surface layers and thickness (FIB-SEM)
- Microscopy of wet test material (ESEM)
- Determination of chemical composition for crystalline material (XRD)
- Surface and roughness characterisation (optic 3D profilometry and AFM)
- Exact measuring from nm to cm
- Visualisation of 3D surfaces such as surface roughness. Lean more about roughness measuring (link til produktblad)
- Quantitative characterisation of corrosion and damage – also casts (replica)
Surface characterisation for detection of contamination in products and production equipment
We offer analysis and identification of substances and particles in both hard and liquid products. A fast and safe localisation of the source ensures that you can initiate focused actions for solving the problem and return to the normal production.
Material and surface analyses and characterisation
We analyse and characterise all solid materials such as metal, salts, fibres, plastics, paper, building material and paint.
Furthermore, we examine biological materials such as plant fibres, fungus and micro-organisms including moist and water-soaked test materials. We can analyse received material as well as material collected on-site.
We can make casts (replicas) of components and production equipment that cannot be analysed directly, due to it being either inaccessible or not possible to collect samples from. These casts are then examined in our laboratory in order to characterise the structure and surface roughness.
Damages and breakdowns – Identification, report and documentation using surface characterisation
We offer expert knowledge in relation to damages and breakdowns. That means you quickly have the damage identified and receive a report stating the reason that the damage has occurred.
This will help you avoid this type of damage occurring in the future. We prepare an impartial report that you can use in relation to your customers and subcontractors.