Assistance in structuring your quality manual
If the company/welding shop does not have a quality manual, you can get assistance from a quality technician from FORCE Technology. The quality technician cannot be the same person as the auditor and is therefore employed by another organisation to ensure that no conflict of interest will occur during the certification.
In order to assist you in structuring, FORCE Technology offers a database, which comprises a quality control system for both ISO 3834 and EN 1090-1.
This database must be adapted to your company, so that it will be your way of working and your procedures and instructions that are described in the quality manual.
Certification according to ISO 3834
When certification of welding shops according to ISO 3834 is required, FORCE Certification A/S can certify your company so that you are prepared to perform the welding work.
For welding work in for instance pressure vessels and for steel structures according to Eurocode 3, EN 1090-1 certification is a mandatory requirement.
Steps in the certification of welding shops
If the company/welding shop has already prepared a quality manual and implemented the requirements from it, certification can be performed through the following steps:
- information meeting
- preparatory audit based on your quality manual
- certification audit(s)
- issue of certificate
- periodic control visits
If you request an information meeting, this will normally take place in your company. Here, we shall answer your questions as to the certification standard and determine interpretations, if any. Simultaneously the auditor from FORCE Certification A/S will get a first-hand impression of the company/welding shop.
Auditors are examined and approved by FORCE Certification A/S, and have, further to the mandatory auditor training, a diploma in an international welding training from EWF/IIW, which gives you the certainty that the issued accredited certificate lives up to European and international requirements.
Certification audit(s) can be achieved in two sessions. In an ISO 3834 certification, a phase 1 audit is performed to establish whether your company/welding shop can achieve a certification. If you are ready, we agree on a phase 2 audit, after which you obtain a certificate when possible remarks and nonconformities have been dealt with. Certification audit to EN 1090-1 can be performed as a single audit.
If you wish, certification to both standards can be performed simultaneously. If you need certification to other quality control standards, as e.g. ISO 9001, this can also be performed simultaneously.
Standards for quality management of welding shops
The following European and international standards are relevant for welding shops:
- EN ISO 3834-2 Quality requirements for fusion welding of metallic materials - Comprehensive quality requirements
- EN ISO 3834-3 Quality requirements for fusion welding of metallic materials - Standard quality requirements
- EN ISO 3834-4 Quality requirements for fusion welding of metallic materials - Elementary quality requirements
- EN 1090-1 Execution of steel structures and aluminium structures - Requirements for conformity assessment of structural components.
Other standards on quality management of the company
Furthermore, FORCE Technology may assist at implementing a number of other quality standards:
- ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
- OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management
- AT Bek. [Order] 100 Quality systems for internal inspection of pressure equipment
- Quality systems for production in accordance with EU directives (PED: Pressure Equipment Directive, MID: Measuring Instrument Directive)
- CO2 verification.
Subsequently, FORCE Certification A/S as an impartial party may carry out certification of the quality system. Check www.forcecertification.com