Calibration of flow meters
FORCE Technology performs accredited calibration of flow meters within water, heating, cooling, oil, gas, air and liquids other than water. Calibration on-site or in laboratory.
International center for calibration of flow meters
FORCE Technology is a worldwide provider of a broad range of flow meter calibration solutions. Our laboratories work at primary level or with traceability to the relevant primary standards.
Our accredited calibration services and flow-related technical services include:
- liquid flow within processing, water, heating and cooling
- natural gas flow
- air flow
- liquid flow with liquids other than water, including oil, petrol and diesel.
Calibration of flow meters optimises your meters for measurement of flow, guaranteeing that the uncertainty between the true and the read measurement is as minimal as as possible. This way, the risk of errors in measurements is minimised. In most cases, calibration of flow meters, consultancy and related services can be adjusted to fit your demands.
We perform laboratory calibration at our own premises and calibration on-site on your locations.
Calibration of process, water, heat and cooling meters
We perform calibration and technical flow examinations of process, water, heat and cooling meters for legal as well as processing purposes.
Apart from standard and adjusted calibration services and consultancy, our services in the field include:
- Random sampling inspection
- Assistance for interpretation of legislation in the field
- Short delivery times
- Control of valves and other components in piping systems.
Calibration of flow with liquids other than water
Calibration of flow with liquids other than water includes calibration, verification and counselling on flow measurement with meters and measuring systems for liquids other than water, including oil, petrol and diesel.
At our calibration facilities, you can have your meters calibrated with media such as lubricant oil, chemical fluids, milk, ethanol, lye and all types of oil products. Furthermore, we calibrate meters for many different purposes such as e.g.:
- Raw oil meters from off- or onshore systems
- Lubricant oil meters
- Petrol and diesel meters in petrol stations
- Meters in oil road tankers, milk road tankers and tank vessels
- Platform meters in depots and refineries
- Cryogenic meters.
Calibration of gas flow meters
Calibration of gas flow meters includes low pressure calibration and high-pressure calibration.
Calibration of gas flow meters can be performed adjusted to your needs as best possible. We provide:
- random sampling and receipt control parties/badges
- calibration within 5 weeks of receiving of the meter
- huge flexibility as regards time for calibration
- calibration at fixed times with visiting possibility and calibration in slots without customer visits.
High-pressure calibration of gas meters will be performed with our new high-pressure facility, designed as a closed loop with low pressure loss and it is the only one of its kind in the world. Take a tour in the facility.
Calibration of meters with air
Calibration of meters with air is performed at the largest air facility in the world, that operates with a flow range capacity from 20 m3/h (Q-min) to 25000 m3/h (Q-max).
The air calibration facility can handle all types of flow meters for measurement of air and gas, including USM, turbine meters, swirl meters, coriolis meters, flare gas meters, etc. up to 50” in diameter, with flow rates beginning from 1 m3/h up to 25000 m3/h.
Calibration with air under atmospheric conditions is often applied as an initial test of meters as it gives a good indication of the stability of the meter prior to application. Furthermore, air meter accuracy is an imperative in processing plants where air is distributed as part of a production process. These meters acquire calibration with air under varying pressure and flow rates.
Calibration of the highest standard
As a customer, you are ensured high quality in calibration tasks through our staff of employees with widespread expert’s knowledge and many years’ experience. Your calibration will be handled by specialists who maintain their knowledge on calibration and flow meters by:
- participating in national and international research projects
- participating in national and international standardisation work
- operating and contributing to national experience exchange groups in various fields within flow.
FORCE Technology is technical advisor to the industry and authorities as regards plain measuring techniques and legislation in the field. Furthermore, we are part of the Danish "Centre of excellence" for flow measuring, Flowcenter Denmark.
Thus, as a customer, you are ensured the newest and uppermost expertise within calibration of your flow meters. Contact us to order calibration of flow meters or to learn more about our flow calibration services.
Technical specifications for calibration and verification of flow meters at FORCE Technology
Liquids other than water
- Test rigs at FORCE (Diesel or Isochem): 1 - 7.500 l/min. or 1 - 6.500 kg/min.
- On-site: 1 - 5.000 l/min. Or 1 - 4.300 kg/min.
- At temperatures around 20 °C or ambient temperatures
- Mobile equipment: Measuring van, Piston prover, reference meter, small normals, weight/density.
- 1 l/h for 6.000 l/h: from 5 – 90 °C
- 1 l/h to 150.000 l/h: from 5 – 70 °C
- 1 l/h to 1.200.000 l/h: from 20°C
- On-site 150 l/h to 120.000 l/h
- 5 m3/h to 32.000 m3/h
- Pressure: 3 to 65 bar
- 1 ml/min to 25.000 m3/h
- Pressure: 0 – 8 bar (flow up to 1000 m3/h)
Can FORCE Technology perform non-accredited calibration?
Yes – if circumstances in the customer’s meter entail that the calibration cannot be performed accredited or the customer wants specially designed calibrations, a non-accredited calibration may be performed.
Water flow laboratory
High-pressure calibration facility
Calibration at the world’s largest closed loop, where meters are calibrated year round at stable pressure, flow and...
Type testing and approval of meters
Approval of water, heat, gas and cooling meters ensures a certificate of conformity.
Verification of measuring instruments
If you use measuring instruments for settlement, youi have to make sure they have been verified.