CAST Discovery Panel - giving you a competitive edge
The CAST Discovery Panel gives you access to a curated panel of specialists from FORCE Technology’s large network of national and international companies.
The CAST Discovery Panel method accelerates industrial and commercial application based on R&D within new sensor technologies.
Experts from the panel can help research groups as well as start-ups boost their performance on the market of advanced sensor technologies.
The method identifies and validates hypotheses about possible applications and market potentials of new sensor technologies.
What can the panel do for you?
The panel facilitates discussions with product development managers from Danish and international companies, validating customer fit and market potentials for new sensor technologies.
Research groups at universities
For research groups at universities making a spin-off or start-up company, the CAST Discovery Panel can test market relevance in relation to
- unique selling points
Furthermore, FORCE Technology facilitates contacts to future industrial partners through matchmaking.
If you are an established company, the CAST Discovery Panel can help identify new market possibilities and areas. This can potentially expand your business.
Based on well-proven methods and solid network
The CAST Discovery Panel’s method for new technologies is based on FORCE Technology's existing and successful methods used in design panels.
FORCE Technology has an extensive file of contacts to various Danish and foreign companies. This allows us to help you uncover possible applications of new technologies that have been developed - or are being developed - at universities or, for example, in start-ups.
How the panel works - the three-step method
Below is a typical framework for how the CAST Discovery Panel helps you enter the sensor market – and perform well on it.
Step 1: Identification and "modelling"
- Kick-off workshop with the research team
- Step 1 report considering state-of-the-art, applications and stakeholders
- Mid-term meeting with stakeholders.
Step 2: Design panel - recruitment, implementation and documentation
In the second step, we establish and form the design panel(s). We assess the prototype or product, specifically in relation to viability and market potential.
- Gross list of companies and recruitment to the design panel
- Implementation of design panel(s)
- Design panel report, incl. quantification of results and qualitative assessments of potentials, coordinated with the research team.
Step 3: Handover
As a final step, we discuss your business plan and the panel feedback's impact on future action plans. We also define any legal measures that you have to take.
- Handover of results to, for example, the university's business developers (Tech Trans) and the research team(s)
- Design panel report submission meeting with, for example, the university and their respective Tech Trans Office. Designation of potential USPs. This is all implemented by FORCE Technology’s IdemoLab, under the direction of the signed parties in the agreed period.