Sound quality listening tests and benchmark tests
SenseLab offers fast-turn-around sound quality listening tests according to a range of acknowledged sensory evaluation methods and industry recommendations.
Document the sound quality of your products with independent listening tests
As independent lab for perceptual sound quality testing, SenseLab performs a wide range of custom and standard compliant listening tests of your products, as evaluation and documentation of the sound quality.
You can use the outcome of the sound quality tests in your product development phase or as unbiased independent validation in marketing communication.
SenseLab’s sound quality test domain expertise includes listening tests of:
- Speech/audio codecs, noise suppression technologies and tele-communication systems
- Hearing aids, headphones, hearables and other personal audio systems
- Speaker systems and spatial sound reproduction
- Watermarking technologies
Standard listening tests and benchmark tests
The standard listening tests are performed according to a range of acknowledged recommendations, including but not limited to:
• ITU-T P.800 series, ITU-T P.835
• ITU-R BS.1534 (MUSHRA)
• ITU-R BS.1116
If you need to promote your product in the market using independent lab validation, SenseLab offers an unbiased, independent validation of your products performance in relation to competition, and guide you on how to use it for marketing purposes,- or to improve the sound quality of your product further.
We apply industry recognized methods like:
• Sensory evaluation methodologies (attribute-based test, CATA (check-all-that-apply), Flash profiling, etc.)
• Triangle, ABX, Paired comparison, etc.
Unique and unbiased perceptual sound quality testing at SenseLab
SenseLab is a world leading independent lab for perceptual sound quality testing.
Since 2007, we have provided listening test services to the global audio industry by using our unique domain knowledge inspired by the world of sensory science. Our core services are based on our trained expert listener panels as well as recruited consumer groups to uncover the perceptual drivers behind preferences.
Besides listening tests and benchmark test, we offer:
- Perceptual profiles for product sound quality targets
- Identification of perceptual characteristics leading to consumer preferences
- Consumer segmentation of preference
- User experience testing in realistic environments
- Modelling of dominating sound quality features
- VR testing using 360 video and HOA sound reproduction
Don’t believe us? Read what our clients have to say
Contact us to learn more about listening tests and benchmark tests, or visit our site about Acoustics, Noise and Sound quality.
SenseLab Rapid Speaker Spinner
A set of rotary loudspeaker stands ensure that the speakers are always in the same position for the listener at SenseLab.
- ITU-R BS.1116-3, Evaluation of high quality audio systems having small impairments
- ITU-R BS.1534-3 – MUSHRA, Assessment of sound quality for multiple systems
- ITU-T P.800 methods, Methods for subjective determination of transmission quality
- ITU-T P.835, Methodology for evaluating Speech Communication Systems that include noise suppression
- Sensory profiling, Methodology for objectively characterizing and measuring product characteristics