Type approval is a guarantee of conformity with regulations
A type approval or certificate of conformity is a guarantee to your customers that the applied meter complies with current regulations and standards.
If your meter complies with existing standards and regulations, fx the European Measuring Instrument Directive (MID), it is valid for for transaction purposes in all countries acknowledging the MID, which includes most parts of the world.
Type testing and approval of meters at FORCE Technology ensures:
- assessment according to the MID, EN-standards and OIML-documents, which allows distribution of measuring instruments in most countries in the world
- assessment based on the latest knowledge of legislation and requirements for measuring instruments
- quick service and short waiting times at our laboratories.
Your guarantee of the highest level of knowledge in type testing
At FORCE Technology, we perform type testing of your measuring instrument according to national and international legislation and knowledge of the latest requirements for measuring instruments.
We keep our knowledge of type testing and measuring instruments at the highest level through participation in leading global organizations and fora within measuring instruments. For instance, FORCE Technology:
- is the holder of the presidency of CEN/TC176, which prepares the standard EN 1434 for district heating and cooling meters
- is approved to type test water meters according to OIML MAA R49 (EN 14154)
- is represented in WELMEC, ISO, OIML and CEN.
Which meters can be type tested at FORCE Technology?
We perform type testing of:
- water meters, cooling meters and heat meters
- gas meters
- volume conversion devices
- systems for continuous and dynamic quantitative measurement of liquids other than water.
If you are planning to produce any of these measuring instruments, you need to perform an assessment of conformity prior to production. If you intend to import one or several of the instruments, an assessment of conformity is imperative prior to distribution.
In case of questions regarding type testing and approval of meters, please contact Head of Department Michael Møller Nielsen
Certificate of conformity issued by FORCE Certification A/S
As a conformity assessment body, FORCE Technology performs type testing of meters as supplier to FORCE Certification.
FORCE Certification is the Notified Body that performs the final type approval of your meter, issues the certificate of conformity and the CE-mark. Only a notified body can CE-mark a meter.
Once the meter is granted the certificate of conformity and the CE-mark, it is ready for production and distribution.
Please contact Head of Department Michael Møller Nielsen
to initiate type testing and approval of your meters.