Certification of welders, welding operators & brazers
Make sure you or your personnel holds the appropriate certificates in order to perform tasks related to welding and brazing.
The certification process
Certification is maintained in accordance with international standards and legislations for approval of such personnel. When the welder/brazer holds the necessary skills and workmanship, we usually follow up with an exam, which may result in a welder or brazer approval certificate.
Certification typically includes the following steps:
- Assessment of the welder’s professional skills
- Welding of test coupon in accordance with an approved WPS (Welding Procedure Specification)
- Testing of the weld test coupon (The test coupon shall undergo Non-destructive and/or mechanical testing)
- Issuance of certificate
If the examiner judges that the welder is not capable of passing the welding test, we advise more training on areas of weakness. FORCE Technology Norway AS does not participate in the training of welding or brazing personnel.
Get your welding certificate digitally or on paper
On average, testing and issuance of certificate is taken care of within the week. The certificate is issued digitally, or you may have it printed on paper.
If you receive a digital certificate, as a customer, you will be registered in the FORCE Certification’s on-line database, as well as the WeldEye PQ® database. This allows you to receive information on biannual confirmation and extension of certificates. Your company can perform the biannual confirmation of the welder’s certificate on FORCE Certification’s server.
Standards for certification of welders
Our Certification Body (CB) FORCE Technology Certification are appointed third party by Norwegian authority, Norwegian Directorate for Civil Protection (dsb), within the following:
- Certification of welders, welding operators and brazers/brazing personell Approval of welding and brazing procedure qualification (WPQR/BPQR)
Some of the standards we follow:
- ISO 9606-1 Qualification testing of welders – Fusion welding – Part 1: Steels
- ISO 9606-2 Qualification testing of welders – Fusion welding – Part 2: Aluminium and its alloys
- ISO 9606-3 Approval testing of welders – Fusion welding – Part 3: Copper and copper alloys
- ISO 9606-4 Approval testing of welders – Fusion welding – Part 4: Nickel and Nickel alloys
- ISO 9606-5 Approval testing of welders – Fusion welding – Part 5: Titanium and zirconium
- ISO 14732 Welding personnel – Qualification testing of welding operators and weld setters for mechanized and automatic welding of metallic materials
- ISO 13585 Brazing – Qualification test of brazers and brazing operators
The 5 ISO 9606-x standards all apply to handheld welding, while ISO 14732 is for welding operators that perform either automated or mechanical welding. Welders and welding operators that are certified according to these standards are also approved for welding pressure equipment, in accordance with PED Pressure Equipment Directive.
You may also have certified welders and brazers for other standards*:
- ASME IX Welding, brazing, and Fusing Qualifications
- AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code – Steel
- AWS D1.2 Structural Welding Code - Aluminium
- AWS D1.6 Structural Welding Code – Stainless Steel API 1104 Welding of pipelines and related facilities
*This activity is not accredited and the certificate/approval sheet will not carry the accreditation logo.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to receive more information, or if you have any questions or inquiries.