Pipeline integrity management
Pipelines represent a very important part of the energy infrastructure. Proper operation is crucial to a company’s export capabilities. We ensure safe, continuous and economical product transportation.
An essential aspect of pipeline integrity management is identifying locations along the pipeline that are most vulnerable to corrosion. Another important aspect is forecasting corrosion over a period of time in order to predict the possibility of pipeline failure (corrosion rate versus time to failure). We hold years of experience in maintaining and securing pipeline integrity on a large number of offshore and onshore assets.
Our pipeline integrity management services:
- Inspection planning
- Risk Based Inspection (RBI)
- Project coordination
- Data analysis (e.g. pipeline degradation, remaining lifetime forecast)
- Inspection results analysis
- Corrosion modelling
- Recommendations regarding corrosion and materials
- Advanced inspection/monitoring for subsea pipelines
- Consultancy services
Three categories of pipeline integrity management
Direct assessment: Internal and external conditions assessment, pipeline risk ranking, flow modelling, corrosion rate and profile calculation.
Integrity plan: Definition of operations and procedural manuals, corrosion mitigation, corrosion monitoring, maintenance and inspection.
Project Management: Data management, burst pressure calculations, fit for service calculation, third party verification, corrosion management audits.
In-house developed software & tools for pipeline integrity management
Corrosion management tool - CorPos-ADTM
Software tool developed to assess the corrosion profiles for entire pipelines. It combines modelling with monitoring and inspection data in an integrated approach for increased safety control.
CorPos-AD provides and stores data on:
- Actual corrosion risk situation
- Risk status (maximum corrosion depth vs. acceptable corrosion depth)
- Remaining lifetime (e.g. re-qualification / life extension of the pipeline)
- Optimum time to next inspection
- Requirements for chemical treatment (inhibition) and other Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- “What-If” situations
FiGS CP survey of exposed & buried pipelines
Inspection tool developed to perform cathodic protection surveys with electric field gradient measurements in order to evaluate current density values on structures and pipelines. It detects coating damages on exposed and buried pipelines and accurately measures anode performance. Read more at www.figs.no.
A wide area of application, including (but not limited to):
- Measurement of current output from anodes
- Measurement of current density on pipelines and structures (bare steel, coated steel and concrete)
- Detection of coating defects on pipelines, including buried pipelines
- Measurement of current drain to buried structures, such as piles and wells
Consultancy and Expertise
Our vast experience within integrity management makes us highly capable of making qualified decisions and evaluations. This, in addition to our variety of specialists within areas ranging from materials technology, structural integrity, to monitoring and inspection, allows us to solve almost any challenge with regards to pipeline integrity management.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to receive more information, or if you have any questions or inquiries.