MIC Smoke Measuring Equipment, type EC-912
The second generation of the MIC smoke measuring equipment
The MIC is suitable for smoke measurements, for example in connection with the testing of smoke detectors and smoke alarms. The MIC is based on the ionisation measuring principle.
FORCE Technology has exclusive licence
The MIC has been developed by Cerberus Ltd. of Switzerland. FORCE Technology Electronics Testing has been granted an exclusive licence to manufacture and sell the equipment to customers worldwide.
The MIC is used for reference measurements of smoke density:
- In smoke tunnel measurements according to EN54-7
- In fire sensitivity testing according to EN54-7/9
- In the UL smoke box measurements according to UL 217 and UL 268
- In other applications where accurate smoke measurements are required
Technical specifications for MIC Smoke Measuring Equipment, type EC-912
The MIC smoke measuring system type EC-912 consists of the following parts:
- MIC smoke measuring head
- Multi-cable, 10 m (other lengths on request)
- MIC control unit with power supply
- Flow control unit with filter
- Vacuum pump
- Accessories, instruction manual, etc.
The smoke measuring head is installed at the measuring site and connected to the control unit via the multi-cable. The control unit, flow control unit and power supply are housed in a cabinet, which can be placed in an operator room. The vacuum pump can be placed in a convenient location.
- Chamber quiescent current: 100 pA (nominal)
- Chamber impedance: 1.9 x 1011 Ω ± 5%
- Radioactive source: Am241
- Activity: 129.5 kBq (3.5 μ Ci) ± 5%
- Average a – energy: 4.5 MeV ± 5%
- Time delay: < 10 sec. at 30 l/min. flow rate
- The measuring head is calibrated against FORCE Technology’s reference MIC within ± 3% smoke sensitivity
- Calibration certificate is enclosed with each measuring head
- 19 inch bench top/rack cabinet with power supply for MIC
- 3.5 digit LED display of chamber voltage or smoke density
- Manual zero and full-scale adjustment
- Analogue outputs: X (0.0 – 10.0 VDC), chamber voltage Uc (14-25 VDC approx.)
- Mains supply: 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
Flow control unit
- Flow rate: Adjustable between 0 – 50 l/min.
- Filter: Replaceable filter element
- Mains requirements: 115 VAC ± 10%, 50-60 Hz or 230 VAC ± 10%, 50-60 Hz
- Motor rating: Approx. 0.15 kW
- Capacity: Approx. 60 l/min.