Selected research projects in CAP
Centre of Applied Photonics CAP participates in a wide range of national and international research and development projects til the aim to explore and develop new knowledge about photonics technology.
Consultancy on research results and the implementation of commissioned research
As a result of the participation of CAP in the various research and development projects, the Centre of Applied Photonics offers consultancy services based on the new knowledge within photonics technology.
The CAP network can carry out commissioned research or participate as a resource in national and international research projects.
Contact us to learn more about the possibilities.
The following research projects are selected by the participating universities, and represent projects on TRL (Technological Readiness Level) 3-4 within photonics with potential industrial applicability.
Technical University of Denmark, Photonics
- Broadband mid-infrared light sources
- Slowing the progression of Alzheimers
- Geo-location and asset tracking
- Fiber-based sensing solutions: Strain, humidity and temperature sensing
- Laser lightning
- IoT Photovoltaics - providing IoT eternal life
- Reliable mission critical communication networks
- Mid-IR hyperspectral imaging
- Optical fiber distributed sensing
- Flexible semiconductor based ultra fast lasers
- Sustainable 5G networks using PON transport
- IoT Photovoltaics Demonstrator
- X-ray optical systems, DTU Space
- Drone inspection of energy and transport infrastructure
- UV led for disienfection
- New Classical Optics
- DronEl - A fast and accurate inspection of large photovoltaic plants using aerial drone imaging
- Layer Thickness Determination
Related services in Centre of Applied Photonics
Development of photonic products
Start-up assistance and first aid during development of optical systems and photonic products.
Development of photonics products and technology platforms
Get help translating your idea into market-ready photonics products.
LED applications in products
Get assistance and advice to optimally leverage the use of LED technology in new products.
Optical chip design
Low-power, low-cost optical chips for various sensor applications.
Optical system design
Consultancy and review of optical systems, incl. building, manufacturing and test of prototypes.