Simulator-based leadership development
Leadership training in a full mission ship simulator is a unique concept where the participants face challenging management problems.
Goals and objectivesThe objective of the course is to:
- develop and strengthen leadership skills by optimizing stress management
- improve the participants' situational awareness
- identify and optimize interpersonal communication skills
- optimize response patterns in critical situations
- assess situations properly
- base decisions on core and relevant aspects or on focusing on your own strengths and skills.
These skills are developed in our full mission ship bridge simulator.
Leadership training in a full mission ship simulator is a unique concept where participants are faced with challenging management problems, and where effective communication, shared situational awareness, delegation, complete overview, decision-making in demanding situations and collaboration is crucial to the team's success. The training is based on practical exercises that can be compared to situations from your daily work.
The training program will also provide the participants with some knowledge on why humans react the way they do when facing demanding situations and how to exploit this knowledge to better enhance human response in critical situations.
Training in a simulator is a unique concept where the participants are exposed to managerial challenges in a highly realistic maritime environment – the advantage is that the decisions do not have any consequences.
The full mission ship bridge simulators are an ideal framework for leadership development programs, particularly but not exclusively, for non-navigators in the maritime sector. This course will allow different stakeholders from the shipping industry, such as maritime authorities, maritime equipment suppliers, etc., to be able to develop, train and operationalize management strategies in a spectacular and realistic setting.
After the course the participants will be able to:
- communicate effectively with their colleagues and partners
- sharpen their situation perception - individually and as a group
- identify their own and other people's strengths and areas with room for improvement
- build and reinforce team confidence
- respond effectively and constructively in critical situations
- motivate and encourage employees and teams in demanding situations