Corrosion and material selection of stainless steel
Learn how to select the correct quality of steel and manufacturing parameters the first time and achieve a material that will last virtually forever.
ParticipantsTechnicians, foremen and other work managers
The course is aimed at construction and production personnel and purchasers and users of technical components and systems, including laboratory personnel and persons working with quality assurance.
TargetThe participant will gain knowledge of all the elements that influence the corrosion resistance of stainless steel from the selection of steel quality to the operating phase.
ContentThe following subjects will be dealt with:
- Corrosion theory
- Environment’s impact on corrosion in general
- Corrosion types for stainless steel
- Alloying types and standards for stainless steel
- Corrosive conditions for stainless steel
- Corrosion in specific environments (acids, alkalis, water)
- Metallurgy, heat treatment
- Application of stainless steel at high temperatures
- Choice of stainless steel for corrosive environments
- Structure designs in stainless steel
- Surface treatments of stainless steel
- Fabrication of stainless steel
- Completion and initial operation of stainless steel equipment.
Registration deadlineNo later than three weeks prior to course commencement.
Cancellation deadlineShould you be prevented from participating in the course, you are welcome to hand over your ticket to a colleague.
You are free to cancel or move your course participation until 6 working days prior to course commencement. If you cancel later than 6 days prior to course commencement total pay for your course shall be charged.
Course LanguageThe course is held in the following languages: