NORM - Naturally Occuring Radioactive Material
As a participant in this course you will learn about the relevant aspects of radioactivity and ionising radiation arising from NORM.
The course is for employees in the oil and gas industry who might come into contact with NORM.
The course is divided into 3 parts:
- Radioactivity and ionising radiation.
- The interactions between ionising radiation and matter.
- Units and relevant quantities.
- The biological effects of ionising radiation.
- ICRP-recommendations and dose limits.
- Everyday exposure to ionising radiation; natural and man-made.
- Practical radiation protection (distance, time, shielding). The content of this final part of is usually worked out in cooperation with the customer, based on the customer’s procedures and prior experiences in the NORM area.
The participant is informed about the relevant aspects of radioactivity and ionising radiation arising from NORM and is furthermore informed about the precautions that can and should be taken.
The course is held in Danish and English. If you wish to have the course held in other languages feel free to contact the course secretary.