Boiler system maintenance and inspection
The course ”Corrosion in biomass-fired boiler systems” is an application-specific course within maintenance, extensive materials, inspection techniques, water treatment, corrosion, cracks and damage prevention.
Mechanical engineers and operation managers and technicians with responsibility for operation and maintenance of biomass-fired boilers - and related types of energy and processing plants.
Service and repair technicians of biomass-fired boilers, exhaust valves and related pressure systems.
Inspectors of boilers and pressure vessels as well as equipment exposed to corrosion and creep at high temperatures, fired with biomass.
• Incineration theory
• Corrosion gases
Materials in boilers and pressure vessels:
• Un-alloyed and low-alloyed steel
• Materials standards and specifications
• Materials properties
Welding and heat treatment:
• Welding methods, pre-heating and PWHT heat treatment
• Material- and welding failures and defects
• Weld repair of boilers and pressure vessels.
Corrosion – concepts and corrosion types:
• Corrosion and environment
• Types of corrosion
• Corrosion prevention.
Materials and corrosion properties:
• Stainless steel
• High-alloyed nickel-based alloys
Cracks and fractures in biomass-fired boiler systems:
• Creep, fatigue and stress corrosion cracking
Corrosion in boilers and water chemistry:
• Deposits and corrosion forms
• Treatment of boiler water and boiler feed water
• Off-load corrosion and corrosion prevention
Corrosion in flue gas cleaning systems of biomass-fired boilers:
• High temperature materials and corrosion
• Acid dewpoint corrosion
• Biofuels and waste incineration
Information and demonstration of NDE techniques:
• X-ray and isotopic examinations
• Ultrasonic examinations
• Magnetic Particle Inspection
• Dye Penetrant testing
• Leakage tracing and thermography
Participants will acquire:
Application-oriented knowledge on materials, corrosion and corrosion prevention and condition assessment and water treatment in steam as well as in hot water boilers comprehending small industrial boiler plants as well as large power plants, fired with biomass.
Acquaintance of specific biomass and waste incineration corrosion problems.
Knowledge on NDE inspection techniques for condition assessments and on damage and prevention of damage.
Closing date for registration
Not later than two weeks prior to course commencement.
We grant a special discount of 20 % of the course fee if three, or more than three, participants from the same company attend the same course.
Should you be prevented from participating in the course, you are welcome to give your seat to a colleague.
You are free to cancel or postpone your course participation until 6 working days prior to course commencement. If you cancel later than 6 days prior to course commencement, the total fee shall be charged.
The course is held in the following language:
Danish or English – depending on the participants