Boiler system maintenance and inspection
The course ”Maintenance of boiler systems” is an application-specific course within maintenance, extensive materials, inspection techniques, water treatment, corrosion, cracks and damage prevention.
Boiler system maintenance and inspection Print page Send to colleague
Mechanical engineers and operation managers and technicians with responsibility for operation and maintenance of boiler- and related types of energy and processing plants.
Design, service- and repair-technicians of boilers, exhaust valves and related pressure systems
Inspectors of boilers and pressure vessels as well as equipment exposed to corrosion and creep at high temperatures.
The participants will acquire:
Application oriented knowledge on materials, corrosion and corrosions prevention and condition assessments and water treatment in connection with steam as well as hot water boilers. The area will cover small boiler plants in industry as well as the somewhat larger power plants.
Biomass and waste incineration corrosion problems are also dealt with.
Knowledge on NDE-inspection techniques for condition assessments and on damages and damage prevention.
Materials in boilers and pressure vessels:
- Un-alloyed and low alloyed steel
- Material standards and specifications
- Material properties.
Welding and heat treatment:
- Welding methods, pre-heating, and PWHT heat treatment
- Material- and welding failures and defects
- Weld repair of boilers and pressure vessels.
Corrosion – concepts and corrosion types:
- Corrosion and environment
- Types of corrosion
- Corrosion prevention.
Materials and corrosion properties:
- Stainless steel
- High alloyed nickel base alloys.
Cracks and fractures in boiler systems:
- Creep, fatigue and stress corrosion cracking.
Corrosion in boilers and water chemistry:
- Deposits and corrosion forms
- Treatment of boiler water and boiler feed water
- Off-load corrosion and corrosion prevention.
Corrosion on the combustion and flue gas parts:
- High temperature materials and corrosion
- Dewpoint corrosion
- Biofuels and waste incineration.
Corrosion in flue gas cleaning systems:
- Flue gas scrubbing
- Ducts and furnaces.
Information and demonstration of NDE techniques:
- X-ray and isotopic examinations
- Ultrasonic examinations
- Magnetic Particle Inspection
- Dye Penetrant testing
- Leakage tracing and thermography.
Guidelines, rules and standards for pressure carrying systems:
- The Danish AT-guidelines
- EN-standards and material certificates.
Inspection of boilers and damages:
- Inspection methods
- Examples of problems.
Should you be prevented from participating in the course, you are welcome to hand over your seat/tickets to a colleague.
You are free to cancel or move your course participation until 6 working days prior to course commencement. If you cancel later than 6 days prior to course commencement total pay for your course shall be charged.
The course is held in the following languages: