Radiation safety when employing portable moisture and density gauges containing radioactive sources
The course enables the participant to better understand the safety concerns arising from the ionising radiation emitted from the gauges.
Information about coronavirus in relation to courses, events, etc.
At FORCE Technology, we follow the authorities' recommendations and do everything possible to minimize the spread of Covid-19 (coronavirus). This means that we take a number of precautions in our daily lives, which also affect our courses, events, clubs and networks.
Planned courses, events etc. which cannot be held in accordance with the recommendations from the authorities, will, as far as possible, be conducted online. Where this is not an option, we will rebook for a later date. If you have already registered for a course or event, you will be notified by e-mail.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- radioactivity and ionising radiation
- the interactions between ionising radiation and matter
- units and relevant quantities
- the biological effects of ionising radiation
- ICRP-recommendations and dose limits
- everyday exposure to ionising radiation; natural and man-made
- practical radiation protection (distance, time, shielding)
- demonstration of the cleaning procedure for the gauge, including dose measurement and calculation of dose levels from both gamma and neutron radiation
- Danish National Board of Health regulations no. 823 and no. 985 (dose limits and regulation regarding closed radioactive sources)
- directions for the safe use of the gauge and regulation regarding transport