Radiation safety when employing portable moisture and density gauges containing radioactive sources
The course enables the participant to better understand the safety concerns arising from the ionising radiation emitted from the gauges.
The course is primarily aimed at companies and individuals that employ moisture and density gauges containing radioactive sources.
The course is divided into 4 parts:
- radioactivity and ionising radiation
- the interactions between ionising radiation and matter
- units and relevant quantities
- the biological effects of ionising radiation
- ICRP-recommendations and dose limits
- everyday exposure to ionising radiation; natural and man-made
- practical radiation protection (distance, time, shielding)
- demonstration of the cleaning procedure for the gauge, including dose measurement and calculation of dose levels from both gamma and neutron radiation
- Danish National Board of Health regulations no. 823 and no. 985 (dose limits and regulation regarding closed radioactive sources)
- directions for the safe use of the gauge and regulation regarding transport
The course enables the participant to better understand the safety concerns arising from the ionising radiation emitted from the gauges. Furthermore the course gives the participant a thorough insight into the Danish regulations surrounding the use and transport of the gauges.
The course is held in Danish and English. If you wish to have the course held in other languages feel free to contact the course secretary.