Consumer products - test and consultancy
FORCE Technology performs chemical analyses of many different types of consumer products and materials related to consumer products.
FORCE Technology is a market leader within material technology and chemical analyses. We have some of the best specialists in chemical analyses and our equipment include some of the most advanced and modern equipment available.
Analysis of consumer products related to fireworks, scratch tickets, toys etc.
We perform chemical analyses of various types of consumer products and materials including:
- Scratch tickets: Test and analysis of scratch tickets to control the quality and not least to prevent fraud.
- Toys: Test and analysis of products and materials used for kids toys (must live up to specific legal requirements on substances).
- Fireworks: Test of fireworks and other pyrotechnical articles for Danish and foreign importers. We perform non-certified tests if you have problems with one of your products or simply want to know what a specific product is made of.
- E-cigarettes and e-liquids: Analysis of nicotine content and prohibited additives in e-liquids for e-cigarettes. Analysis can show whether the e-liquid complies with legal requirements for the content of chemical substances. In addition, we can analyse the vapor from e-liquids and e-cigarettes to determine if it meets the legal requirements. We conduct inspection of labeling of e-cigarettes and e-liquids, including calculation or inspection of the correct hazard labeling of e-liquids according to the CLP regulation.
- Cigarettes, tobacco, chewing tobacco and moist snuff: Analysis of nicotine content, tar and banned additives as well as microscopic examinations to verify plant material.
- Syringes, needles and safety boxes: Visual inspection, mechanical test, drop test, penetration test, migration test, and determination of change in pH values.
We always offer documentation of our analyses adjusted for your needs. That might be documentation for your customers of whether a product contains harmful substances or not or documentation required by relevant authorities.
Customized chemical analyses and consulting
We always offer consulting as a supplement to an analytical result. Our experienced analytical chemists, metallurgists, corrosion experts and material specialists are ready to help you. We are specialised in investigation of problems such as “what is it?” and “what went wrong and why?”.
What does the Product Safety Act say about the content of chemical substances in products?
According to the Product Safety Act, producers may only sell products if they are safe.
A product is considered safe when only a limited or acceptable health or safety risk arises when consumers use the product. This includes the health risks related to consumer exposure of any chemical substances contained in the product. For this reason, only a risk assessment – meaning an assessment of the danger and exposure of ingredient substances – can be used to evaluate if any content of chemical substances in a product are in violation with the Product Safety Act.
Which legal requirements apply to the content of dangerous substances in products?
A long list of requirements exists relating to the content of chemical substances in products. These requirements limit or prohibit the use of certain substances above a certain concentration within certain products. Some requirements only apply to specific types of products, and some types of products have their own legislative requirements (for example toys).
Requirements have been set for the content of chemical substances in products, both at the EU and national Danish level. At the EU level a number of restrictions apply to the content of chemical substances within REACH (appendix XVII).
The Environmental Agency has published a list of laws, declarations etc., which apply to chemicals and products sold in the Danish market. The list can be found here.
Does REACH also apply to consumer products?
Yes. REACH contains a number of requirements (restrictions of use) to the content of chemical substances in products.
Some requirements apply only to specific product types. In addition to this, REACH has the requirement (duty of disclosure) that the trader of all articles (meaning consumer products) must inform about any content of substances of very high concern (substances at the REACH candidate list)
if asked for by the consumer and if the content of the candidate list substances exceed 0,1% by weight. The trader has 45 days to give the consumer an answer to such an information request.
Consultancy on Danish and European chemical legislation
Get assurance that you comply with the rules on the content of harmful substances in your products.
Chemical risk assessment
Risk assessment ensures that a product meets applicable regulatory and consumer requirements.
Life cycle assessment (LCA)
Document and explain how your product or service impacts the environment.