The laser center offers laser welding to the industry with equipment in the international super league. The center assists with both the development of welding procedures and job-shop work.
FORCE Technology has Scandinavia’s largest laser centre where we carry out laser welding with some of the most modern and precise equipment in the business.
The laser centre is used for the research and development of new processes for laser machining and for zero-series production for national and international companies.
The laser centre has helped the European Space Agency (ESA) with the advanced laser welding of rocket nozzles and manufactured gas cylinders for use with airbags for the automobile industry.
The centre’s facilities include a number of modern industrial lasers which overall cover a wide spectrum of uses and make possible the laser welding of items of varying thickness, from a few millimetres to several centimetres.
- 16 kW Disk lasers (2 units) with fiber optics
- 4 kW Disk laser with fiber optics
- 400 W (Pulsed) ´Nd:YAG laser
- 200 W fiber laser
- 60 W Diode laser
- CNC guided XYZ manipulation on stone plane
- Several robots compatible with laser processing
- Tilting turntable, max capacity 1000 kg in tilt mode
- Lathe, max 4000kg, 3 meters in standard mode.
- Rail guided robot, 5 meters rail
- Equipment for laser welding and laser hybrid welding
- Equipment for additive manufacturing (metal 3D printing) and cladding
- Equipment for inner diameter cladding, max length 2,2 meters and lowest diameter 75 mm
- Process monitoring and online temperature control
- Equipment for wire and powder feed
- Incubator with controlled atmosphere for handling material processing such as Titanium
- Full thermal spraying facility covering Arc, Flame and Atmospheric Plasma Spraying