Accredited high-pressure flow meter calibration 24/7
Get the most accurate flowmeter calibration with the MEGAloop, the world's largest closed loop, operating at maximum pressure and flow all year round.
An inaccurate flowmeter creates inaccuracies in the purchase of volumes of gaseous flows. For some, even a minor inaccuracy could mean millions lost. Calibration at our facilities guarantees the highest accuracy and low uncertainty - ensuring that the quantity flowing through the meters is settled correctly.
The unique high-pressure calibration facility in Vejen, Denmark, can operate at maximum pressure and flow all year round. It is accredited to calibrate customer meter lines under operation conditions equivalent to on-site conditions at a pressure range between atmospheric pressure and up to 65 bar g – with maximum environmental caution.
It works at the primary level and generates traceability by developing the European natural gas cubic meter (EuReGa). The Danish Accreditation Fund DANAK accredits the calibration services we perform.
The high-pressure calibration facility has the following capacity:
- 12" (300 mm) high-pressure closed loop for calibration of flow meters
- 10” (250 mm) high-pressure closed loop for calibration
- 4" primary twin Piston prover system
- 24" (600 mm) and 65 bar high-pressure closed loop for calibration of flow meters
- 34” (850 mm) and 65 bar high-pressure closed loop for calibration of flow meters, with meterline of 48 metres in length, and a 30” length compensator with a horizontal movement of 2 meters
- Dp over the MUT system up to 1,5 bar
- The length compensator ensures that customer meter lines are calibrated under operation conditions equivalent to on-site conditions.
- Four monitors control the meter (MUT) during the calibration to register differences in the reading between the monitors and the working standards.
Flowmeter calibration ready for Power-to-X
The parallel working standards enable adjusting the calibration conditions to the customer meter. All closed loops are connected to a transmission pipeline, allowing a fast supply of gaseous flows like air, natural gas, biogas and mixtures with hydrogen within an hour. After the calibration, the gas is carefully discharged to the grid, ensuring maximum environmental caution.
What are the technical specifications of the high-pressure calibration facility?
Technical specifications of the high-pressure calibration facility
Calibration pressure 0 - 65 bar
0 - 945 PSI
Flow 10 – 32,000 m3/h
0,0848 – 27,12 Mmacfd
Power 2,000 kW Meter sizes 4”- 30” (50”)
100 mm - 1,250 mm
Maximum N flow 2.5 mill. Normal m3/h
Which types of meters can be calibrated at the high-pressure calibration facility at FORCE Technology?
We calibrate all kinds of flow meters, including:
- Turbine meters
- Swirl meters
- Ultrasound meters
- V-cone and M-cone meters
- Vortex meters
- Coriolis meters
- Thermal mass flow meters
- Mass flow controllers
How many calibrations loops are there at the Vejen facility?
There are five; one low-pressure, one that calibrates with air and three high-pressure calibration loops. Download fact sheet for specs on the facility’s capacity.