High-pressure calibration of flow meters
The world's largest closed loop for high-pressure calibration of flow meters is performed at a facility that is one of a kind. The closed loop enables flow meters to be calibrated at maximum flow 24/7
You can trust the results
High-pressure calibration ensures a correctly measured and settled flow. A flow meter calibrated at our high-pressure facility holds minimal calibration uncertainty, and you can trust the result. We calibrate at stable flow, pressure and temperature, and we can calibrate all measuring meters in the pressure area from 3 bar to 65 bar/ 40 PSI to 945 PSI.
Our high-pressure calibration facility is tailored to meet customer needs:
- 12" (300 mm) high-pressure loop for calibration of gas meters
- 4" Piston Prover system for establishing traceability to the SI unit" meter"
- 24" (600 mm) high-pressure loop for calibration of flow meters
- Flexible calibration timeslots: We operate 24-7, including weekends and nights if necessary
- Visitors room from which you can overlook calibration of your meters live or via remote camera access
Technical specifications of the facility
What are the technical specifications of the high-pressure calibration facility?
Technical specifications of the high-pressure calibration facility
Calibration pressure 0 - 65 bar
0 - 945 PSI
Flow 10 – 32,000 m3/h
0,0848 – 27,12 Mmacfd
Power 2,000 kW Meter sizes 4”- 30” (50”)
100 mm - 1,250 mm
Maximum N flow 2.5 mill. Normal m3/h
Skilled staff at your service
Our staff has wide-ranging expertise, deep knowledge of high-pressure calibration and many years of experience. We ensure high quality, fast processing and service at the right price.
- We work at a primary level
- We generate traceability
- We participate in European Harmonised Natural Gas Cubic Meter (EUREGA)
- We always complete the task
- We perform quick meter replacements irrespective of meters and meter sizes.
Contact us to book a calibration. If you already have an agreement about high-pressure calibration, please forward the equipment to FORCE Technology Navervej 1 DK – 6600 Vejen Denmark.
Types of meters
We calibrate all types of flow meters:
- Turbine meters
- Swirl meters
- Ultrasound meters
- V-cone and M-cone meters
- Vortex meters
- Coriolis meters
- Thermal mass flow meters
- Mass flow controllers
What is metrology?
What is metrology?
Metrology is the scientific study of measurements and measuring methods. Metrology establishes a common understanding of units and is a cornerstone when dealing with goods across countries, creating security and credibility.
Where does metrology come from?
Modern metrology stems from France, where a proposal for a length standard taken from a natural source led to the decimal-based metric system in 1799. The metric system led to a set of standards for other measurements, and many countries adopted it.
What is calibration?
Calibration is a determination of a measuring instrument’s accuracy. Over time, results from a measuring instrument can become inaccurate. To be confident of the measured result's accuracy, you must calibrate and recalibrate over time.
Why is it important to calibrate measuring equipment like flowmeters?
Calibrating measuring instruments determines the measuring instrument's accuracy and gives traceability to the measuring instrument.
Traceability describes a process where a measuring result can be traced back to a national or international standard for the applied quantity.
Regular calibration of your flow meters helps ensure that you sell or receive what you have ordered or sold: that the quantities are correct.
What does FORCE Technology do as a National Metrology Institute/Designated institute?
As a Designated Institute and technical advisor to the industry and authorities regarding basic measuring techniques and legislation, we keep track of developments and ensure that our customers' demands for accredited calibration are fully met.
Why is metrology critical in the green transition?
We need metrology for renewable energy sources like hydrogen. For it to become a commodity to be traded, we need to have a fixed metrology standard and reference to which traded hydrogen can be traced and measured. Until this is in place, buyers and sellers cannot be sure that the amount of hydrogen they buy or sell is accurate. FORCE Technology is involved in international projects to determine metrology for hydrogen.
EMCO Controls' choice for accurate calibration
Precise measuring instrumentation is imperative in the global custody transfer infrastructure.
Request for calibration
Contact us with your requirements and we will get back to you
High-pressure calibration facility
Visit the world's largest closed loop. The high-pressure calibration facility is unique.
- Data sheet: High pressure calibration facility
- Authorization for use of the CIPM MRA logo, International Bureau of Weights and Measures
- DANAK Accreditation calibration of volume gas meters and gas flow meters (NG)
- DANAK Accreditation calibration of volume gas meters and gas flow meters (Air)
- DANAK Accreditation 9 - Testing and calibration - FORCE Technology
- High pressure general description DS/EN 1702
- IAF-ILAC-ISO communiqué _ISO-IEC17025
- Nomination as National Metrology Institute - FORCE Technology
- DANAK - The national accreditation body in Denmark
Accredited calibration of flow meters
Accredited calibration of flow meters to document errors and correct indications of measurements.
Verification of measuring instruments
If you use measuring instruments for settlement, you have to make sure they have been verified.
Type testing and approval of meters
Approval of water, heat, gas and cooling meters ensures a certificate of conformity.