Safety testing of electronic products for compliance with regulations and standards
Compliance with safety requirements is the heart of all product approvals. It is mandatory for almost any product worldwide - from consumer products and professional equipment to medical devices.
In our safety lab, we perform all types of safety tests required. This enables you to comply with all applicable technical standards for electronic products.
Safety test of your electronic product
We offer all the generic tests, such as:
- Power input test: Measurement of power consumption compared to the actual marked rating
- Dielectric strength test: Measurement of the electrical insulation
- Leakage current test: Measurement of current flowing from accessible parts through the operator or patient
- Earth continuity test: Measurement of the protective bonding to earth in class I equipment
- Resistance to mechanical stresses: Test of enclosure rigidity to static and impact forces
- Temperature test: Measurement of temperature for test of protection against burns from easily touched surfaces
Further, we can help you with specific tests, such as:
- Flammability tests in fire lab: Test of flammability class of combustible materials
- Advanced IP testing with products of almost any size: Test of protection against liquids and foreign objects that can cause hazards
- Tests using custom-built tests stands: For example impact and stress testing of medical beds and many other types of equipment.
All the tests and approvals you require are handled by one project manager. Furthermore, we issue IECEE CB Scheme certified reports on both EMC and electrical safety tests.
What do the safety tests involve?
Safety testing consists of visual inspection of the test item, review of technical files, such as schematics and lists of components etc., and physical testing. The test item must comply with the technical standards’ requirements concerning both documentation and physical performance.
Main points of the safety tests:
- Verification of design documents, critical components, insulation diagrams etc.
- Testing in temperature chamber and IP chamber
- Checking risks by mechanical hazards – the safety lab will accommodate all the physical tests required for your product
- Advanced facilities depending on the type of product and the technical standard applied.
Close to you
As one of Scandinavia’s leading technological service companies, we carry out safety tests on several locations in Denmark. This means that you can visit us near your own company location.
Accredited test house for your global market access
We are accredited by DANAK to perform testing and calibration. See our list of accredited standards on DANAK’s website.
Furthermore, we are CB Test Lab (CBTL) and CB National Certification Body (NCB) and make CB-certified reports. You can find our list of CB Scheme standards on IECEE’s website.
FORCE Technology’s safety test reports are internationally recognised and can be used everywhere. This gives you global market access as well as peace of mind.