Climate documentation for optimisation of companies, products and services
Climate and CO2 based documentation to customers and authorities about your company's environment impact.
Climate documentation for use in marketing and communication
Today, companies face an increase in demands for the reduction and documentation of their own climate impacts. These demands make it is necessary for the companies to be able to produce documented carbon accounts, product carbon footprints and targeted climate efforts. Subsequently it is important to communicate this information in a reliable way to relevant target groups.
Many companies have an internal wish to work in a structured manner with their own climate impact and use this actively in their marketing. To avoid greenwashing, it is essential that the background data that is the basis of the information being communicated, is as correct as possible.
We ensure that you can document the climate impact of your company to your customers or relevant authorities if for instance your company is subject to a legal obligation to document, for example via the Quota Law.
Correct consultancy – adjusted to the purpose
Irrespective of the starting point, the first step is to calculate and document how your company effects the environment and how much greenhouse gas is emitted as a result of company activities.
Typically, CO2 is used as a parameter for measuring climate impacts, but also other greenhouse gasses have an impact on the environment. Among other things, such a documentation can consist of a climate account, a carbon footprint or a verification of the CO2 emission.
Climate documentation in accordance with approved standards
Documentation from FORCE Technology is prepared in accordance with internationally approved standards. This ensures the credibility and makes it possible to target the efforts, optimise the initiatives and thus achieve the greatest effect, which makes sense economically as well as functionally.
This gives your company a solid basis to inform customers, business partners and interested parties about the climate profile and the optimised strategies.
Our services within climate documentation and CO2 include:
- Preparation of climate accounts: You achieve a balance of the emission of greenhouse gasses from your company, organisation, service or other activity. For this we use internationally acknowledged standards such as the Greenhouse Gas Protocol, and the accounts include relevant direct and indirect climate impacts.
- Preparation of a carbon footprint: You receive a calculation of the emission of greenhouse gasses from your product using life cycle based methods. We do the calculation by means of a life cycle assessment for the part, which you as a producer have direct influence on, but it can also be extended to include the user phase, removal of the product or a recycling process.
- Help for CO2 reduction and neutrality: You receive consultancy on how to reduce CO2 emissions and other greenhouse gasses as well as consultancy on the possibilities for optimising your energy consumption, purchasing or investing in environmentally friendly energy. At the same time, we will advise you on how to obtain credible reductions or CO2 neutrality by means of buying allowances or offset.
- Science based targets / scientific targets: Do you want you company’s climate reduction targets to be in line with international climate scientists and reflect that your company is taking on its fair share of the greenhouse gas reductions, which are needed to keep the global temperature rise below the politically agreed level? In that case, we can help you select the right method and calculate how ambitious your targets needs to be.
- CO2 verifications: You receive a statement of the CO2 emissions in your company, which is prepared in accordance with statutory demands by our approved CO2 verifiers. Furthermore, we offer impartial third party verifications, which you can use if you voluntarily wish to document the emission of greenhouse gasses from your company to the outside world.
Our competences within climate and CO2
FORCE Technology has extensive experience of documentation and consultancy within climate and CO2 emissions. Our services always begin with a dialogue with our customer regarding your specific needs so we can design a solution that will give the most value to your business.
If you wish to learn more on climate documentation, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What is the scope of a climate inventory, scope 1, 2 and 3?
Scope 1 includes all an organizations direct emissions from activities that are owned or controlled by the organization.
Scope 2 are the climate emissions that come from the organizations purchase of electricity.
Scope 3 only includes indirect emissions such as climate emissions from the production of raw materials, transport, use and disposal (when the organization does not own or control the emitting activities). All relevant climate emissions can be included and are measured in the unit CO2-equivalents.
What is the difference between a carbon footprint and an LCA?
A carbon footprint and an LCA both calculate environmental impacts throughout the life cycle of a product or a service, which usually includes raw materials, production, use, transport and disposal.
An LCA, however, assesses a larger number of different environmental impacts (e.g. acidification, toxicity, eutrophication and global warming), where as a carbon footprint only calculates impacts on global warming. A carbon footprint can therefore be considered a subset of a full LCA.
When is ”green power” actually green?
The term ‘green power’ is not a well defined term and can mean different things depending on the context.
Several suppliers of electricity offer their clients so called green power, which they most often consider to be power, that does not cause a positive net emission of CO2 in the production and supply of the power. This can be because the power is produced from renewable energy sources such as solar, wind etc.
Alternatively, it can be because the electricity supplier is ensuring the removal of CO2 from the atmosphere in a quantity that corresponds to the CO2 emitted by the supply of the power.
To ensure that the purchased power is in fact “green”, it is advised to check that the supplier has the appropriate documentation in the form of for example a REC certificate (Renewable Energy Certificate) or a third party certified voluntary allowance. This documentation can serve the purpose that renewable energy is sold only once and that the CO2 reduction is in fact taking place and/or that by purchasing green energy you are in fact increasing the available capacity of renewable power.
What is a science based target and why set targets like that?
A so-called science based target is a climate reduction target that is set in accordance with an organizations proportionate reduction obligation if this organization shall assume its “just share” of the climate emission reductions, which are necessary to keep the global temperature rise below the politically agreed level.
The politically agreed level being less than 2 degrees celcius above the pre-industrial level, as described in the assessment report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
The theory is that if all organizations set their reduction targets in this way, then the world in unity would achieve the target. There are different ways to calculate how ambitious such a target must be, depending on the business area, geography etc.
Certified environmental benefit by use of e-Boks
One overall system for green accounts and carbon footprint accounts
Life cycle assessment of recycled cups in Tivoli
Life cycle assessment
With a life cycle assessment, you can document and explain how your product or service influences the environment.
We offer services within communication of environmental strategy and documentation. This ensures the necessary...
Analyses and consultancy within resource optimisation of products/ services. Be sure to prioritise the optimum...
Chemical risk assessment
Risk assessment of chemical substances in consumer products, which ensures that your product meets the current legal...
Consultancy on Danish/ European chemical legislation. We help to ensure compliance with the regulations on content of...