Discovery Panel – validating new technologies for market potential and customer fit
The Discovery Panel accelerates industrial application of new sensor technologies, particularly output from research activities at universities.
The Discovery Panel offers research groups and inventors with advanced inventions an opportunity to test their new technologies for market relevance. The method includes assessing competitiveness and refining unique selling points.
The Discovery Panel approach identifies and validates new sensor inventions by involving specialists from FORCE Technology. Furthermore, the panel ensures facilitated discussions with product development managers from Danish and/or international companies.
What can the Discovery Panel do for you?
The Discovery Panel facilitates discussions with product development managers from Danish and international companies, validating customer fit and market potentials for new sensor technologies.
Research groups at universities
For research groups at universities making a spin-off or start-up company, the Discovery Panel can test market relevance in relation to
- Unique selling points.
Furthermore, FORCE Technology facilitates contacts to future industrial partners through matchmaking.
For established companies, the Discovery Panel can help identify new market possibilities and areas. This can potentially expand your business.
A three step approach – workshop, recruitment and design panel
The Discovery Panel is a comprehensive focus group methodology developed within the Centre of Advanced Sensor Technology (CAST) at FORCE Technology.
The approach evaluates your hardware technologies close to market deployment, and you get the opportunity to meet relevant industry stakeholders.
Step 1: Workshop
- Identification of the core technical functions of the product
- Identification of the product's unique selling points
- Identification and prioritisation of potential application areas and customer segments.
Step 2: Recruitment
- Development of a one-pager
- Screening of potential partner companies in FORCE Technology's customer database
- Contacting companies in the potential application areas and customer segments.
Step 3: Design panel
- A curated panel of relevant stakeholders from the industry
- Evaluation of the potential of new markets, industries, and applications
- Matchmaking and creation of partnerships with companies for further commercialisation.
What deliverables will you get?
Each research group participating in the Discovery Panel will get the following deliverables:
- Test and validation of market relevancy, commercial viability, competitiveness and unique selling points
- New industrial contacts and potential partners and customers
CAST for companies
The centre is for SMEs, spin-outs or start-ups.
CAST for institutions
CAST helps knowledge institutions co-develop and succeed with sensor technology ventures.
Centre for Advanced Sensor Technologies (CAST)
The bridge between research and industry that turns your ideas into commercial success.