Hydrogen Induced Corrosion Testing
Test materials for their susceptibility to hydrogen embrittlement (HE) and hydrogen induced failures (HIC, SCC and HISC).
The presence of hydrogen in a metal may result in reduced ductility and increased susceptibility to cracking and failure. Our facilities for hydrogen induced corrosion testing is a key support for our services within failure analysis, material selection and research activities. We can design and perform tests within the following hydrogen related issues:
• Hydrogen Embrittlement (HE)
• Hydrogen Induced Stress Cracking (HISC)
• Hydrogen Induced Cracking (HIC)
• Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC).
• Tests can be customised or performed according to international standards, such as NACE TM0284 and NACE MR0175/ISO 15156
Corrosion testing facilities
Realistic conditions and environments are the core of our testing facilities for corrosion protection.