Benchmark the sound quality of your products
SenseLab offers fast-turn-around sound quality listening tests according to various acknowledged sensory evaluation methods and industry recommendations.
Use independent listening test outcomes to develop or validate your product
SenseLab is a world-leading independent lab for perceptual sound quality testing. Since 2007, we have provided listening test services to the global audio industry by using our unique domain knowledge inspired by the world of sensory science. Our core services are based on our trained expert listener panels and recruited consumer groups to uncover the perceptual drivers behind preferences. As an independent lab for perceptual sound quality testing, SenseLab performs a wide range of custom and standard-compliant listening tests of your products to evaluate and document sound quality.
See how you rank against the competitions
If you need to promote your product in the market using independent lab validation, SenseLab offers an unbiased, independent verification of your product's performance compared to the competition. We also guide you on how to use the outcome of the sound quality tests in your product development phase or as unbiased independent validation in marketing communication.
SenseLab's sound test domain expertise includes these listening tests:
- Speech/audio codecs, noise suppression technologies and tele-communication systems
- Hearing aids, headphones, hearables and other personal audio systems
- Speaker systems and spatial sound reproduction
- Watermarking technologies
SenseLab always applies industry-recognised methods:
- Sensory evaluation methodologies (attribute-based test, CATA (check-all-that-apply)
- Flash profiling, etc.
- Paired comparison
The standard listening tests are performed according to a range of acknowledged recommendations, including:
- ITU-T P.800 series, ITU-T P.835
- ITU-R BS.1534 (MUSHRA)
- ITU-R BS.1116
Get more than listening tests and benchmark tests:
- Perceptual profiles for product sound quality targets
- Identification of perceptual characteristics leading to consumer preferences
- Consumer segmentation of preference
- User experience testing in realistic environments
- Modelling of dominating sound quality features
- VR testing using 360 video and HOA sound reproduction
Preferred partner of the global audio industry
Hear what our clients have to say about using SenseLab to perform independent sound testing:
Contact us to learn more about how independent benchmark tests on sound quality can help you.
- ITU-R BS.1116-3, Evaluation of high quality audio systems having small impairments
- ITU-R BS.1534-3 – MUSHRA, Assessment of sound quality for multiple systems
- ITU-T P.800 methods, Methods for subjective determination of transmission quality
- ITU-T P.835, Methodology for evaluating Speech Communication Systems that include noise suppression
- Sensory profiling, Methodology for objectively characterizing and measuring product characteristics
Meet the SenseLab team
Building a future-ready portfolio of perceptual evaluation and sound quality soultions.
Standard compliant laboratories for perceptual tests of hi-tech products that appeal to end-users’ hearing and vision.
The listener panels are a key element in our independent sound quality evaluation services at SenseLab.